Please make sure you have read our COVID-19 events and filming guidance carefully, before you apply. Our Housing team are currently not accepting applications to film on housing estates. Waterloo Place is now available for unit base bookings.
Community events bring people together to take pride in our vibrant and diverse city and are an important part of our events calendar. In support of local events, we offer free pre-application advice to help you plan your event and a reduced application fee of £25.
As the event organiser, you are responsible for:
- planning your event
- the health and safety of everyone at your event including staff, volunteers and contractors
- writing an event plan and risk assessment
- providing Public Liability Insurance cover of at least £5 million
We recommend that you submit your event application at least three months before your event.
- Read government guidance on organising a community event.
- Speak to people living and working in the local area to make sure there are no objections to your event
- Submit your event application.
- We will submit your road closure application, if required, which costs £960. You must also cover the cost of road closure barriers, stewards and submit a traffic management plan.
- After speaking to your Event Officer, you will need to apply for any permits and licences you need such as a Temporary Event Notice.
- Identify any risks around your event and the measures you will put in place to keep everyone safe in a risk assessment.
- Submit your site plan, event management plan and risk assessment for review.