Skip to main content


Apply for a licence, view an existing licence, or comment on an application.

View licence applications and temporary event notices

Find out about Westminster’s online licensing register.

Licensing pre-application advice service

Get help completing your licensing application

Alcohol, entertainment and late night refreshment licences

Permissions to sell or supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment and late night refreshment.

Other licence and business permit types

The council is responsible for a number of licensing regimes which cover a large variety of activities, premises and businesses.

City promotions, events and filming

The council operates a specialist unit dedicated to supporting the safe planning and regulation of filming and events.

Apply for a pavement licence

Apply for a licence to place removable furniture over certain highways next to premises, for the sale of food and drink.

Search licensing applications

Search for licences and licensing applications by keyword, application reference, postcode or by single line of an address.

Comment on a licence application

Submit your comment online for some applications

Pay fees and invoices

Pay fees for licences and permits online, including annual fees and street trading invoices.

Markets and street trading

Find out how to become a market trader, where trading pitches are available and what is on sale at our markets.

Licensing sub-committees: agendas, reports and decisions

Find information about our sub-committee and view their calendar

Licensing policy and strategy

Read about the council's licensing policies, consultations and the relevant acts of Parliament.

Information on protest and demonstrations

You must speak to the police if you are planning on holding a demonstration or protest.

Check tables and chairs licences

Search for licence applications to put tables and chairs in the street.

Sex establishments

Sex establishments are defined by schedule 2 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982

Sexual entertainment venues

How to apply for a license for a sexual entertainment venue.

Sex shops

To open a sex shop, you must apply for a licence.

Contact the Licensing Team

How to get in touch with us.

Licensing news

Information on all licence applications received, granted and refused by Westminster City Council.

Contact the Health and Safety team

Find our how to get in touch with the Health and Safety Team.

Licensing privacy notice

Find out more about the types of information collected by our licensing service, how it is stored, displayed, used and retained.

Apply for a busking and street entertainment licence

Apply for a licence to perform in regulated areas.