Skip to main content

This is a new website - we welcome your feedback to help us improve it.

Holding an event in Westminster

The City of Westminster is home to some of the most iconic event locations in the world.

Published on: 7 January 2021

Last updated: 23 April 2021

Before you apply

Please make sure you have read our COVID-19 events and filming guidance carefully, before you apply. Our Housing team are currently not accepting applications to film on housing estates. Waterloo Place is now available for unit base bookings.

Please include as much information as possible in your application including the council services you may need such as parking or road closures.

Your application is just the start of the process and we understand that your plans may change.

Pre-application advice

We offer a consultation service for invaluable help and advice before you apply.

We can let you know if your event or shoot is feasible particularly if it’s complex or requires resident consultation, help you to identify a suitable location and talk through your plans.

This can help you to identify opportunities and costs to help you with your decision-making ahead of a full application. The service costs £160 per hour or £25 for charities.

Commercial events and activities

We welcome applications for product sampling and commercial events, which take place primarily in our parks and gardens.

Please apply if you are planning an event on private property that may have an impact on the surrounding area such as a crowds or queues. You also need to let us know if your event will affect residents, businesses or visitors even if it is taking place on private property.

Filming equipment and crew 

Please let us know the equipment you will be using, how many people will be in the cast and crew and details of any complex requirements in your application. 


Please provide proof of Public Liability Insurance of at least £5 million or £10 million for large-scale events or productions.


Some locations are not owned by the council and will need additional consent. Please check before you apply [link to: locations]. 

You can also check if your event or filming location is in the City of Westminster on our map.

Permits and licences

Please visit our permits and licences page to check you have enough time before you apply.


It’s useful to check if planned roadworks will affect your event or film shoot. Visit streetworks website to find out more.