Skip to main content

Other licence and business permit types

The council is responsible for a number of licensing regimes which cover a large variety of activities, premises and businesses.

The Gambling Act 2005

Find out about gambling premises licences and how to apply

Statement of principles for gambling in Westminster

Our statement of principles for gambling.

Camping and caravan site licence

Find out how to apply for a camping and caravan site licence.

Pleasure boats licence

Rules and conditions for applying for a pleasure boats licence.

Public auction premises registration

Registering to hold a public auction.

Non-medical poisons registration

How to register to sell non-medical poisons.

Weighbridge operator certificate

How to apply for a weighbridge operator certificate.

Approval of marriage and civil partnership venues

If you want approval for religious premises you must have written consent from the appropriate governing body,

Special treatment premises licences

If you run an establishment for special treatments in the City of Westminster, you may require a licence for your premises.

Animal licence

Application form, fees and other information needed to apply for an animal licence.

How to apply for a Dangerous Wild Animals licence

Find out how to apply for a licence under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

Zoo licence

You must have a licence to run a zoo. It will be subject to specific conditions to ensure proper conduct.

Sports ground safety certificate

How to apply for a sports ground safety certificate.

Sex establishments

Sex establishments are defined by schedule 2 of the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982

Sexual entertainment venues

How to apply for a license for a sexual entertainment venue.

Sex shops

To open a sex shop, you must apply for a licence.

Hypnotism permit

How to apply for a permit to perform hypnotism in public.

Scrap metal licence

Anyone wishing to carry on a business as a scrap metal dealer needs a licence under the Scrap Metal Dealers Act 2013.

Small society lotteries

Find out more about small society lotteries

Film classification requests

If you want to exhibit a film within Westminster, you may require a classification from the Licensing Authority.

Parliament Square byelaws

Find out the byelaws for Parliament Square and the surrounding area.