Email us : [email protected].uk
Call us: 020 7361 3993 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm)
General enquiries: 020 7641 6200 (outside phoneline operating hours)
Home Library Service
If you live in Westminster and find it difficult to get to a library because you are elderly, have a disability or long-term illness or are caring for someone, the Home Library Service (HLS) can come to you.
- regular visits to your home every three weeks
- books including large print and audiobooks, CDs, DVDs and magazines
- local information on health and council services
- a service tailored to your requirements
All HLS services are free, except the loan of DVDs.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 020 7641 5405
Address: Home Library Service, c/o Maida Vale Library, Sutherland Avenue, London, W9 2EH
Schools Library Service
The aim of the Schools Library Service is to support schools to encourage a love of reading in all pupils, develop pupils’ skills and knowledge in the use of written resources, use literature to foster well-being and inclusion. The offer includes:
- Advice visits: Our experienced librarians to advise on ways to improve a school library, inspiring pupils and encouraging learning for pleasure.
- Tidy and refresh: Make the most of an existing school library so it is a welcoming and inspiring place to learn.
- Consultancy service: We can provide a support package to create and develop library spaces in schools.
- Bookshop: We offer the opportunity to buy new, high quality resources at a discount of up to 32 per cent. We can also choose and order for you.
- Loan service: This service, provided by one of our partners, can supply project loans of books, artefacts and costumes as well as loan boxes which meet your class needs and encourage reading for pleasure