Skip to main content

Assistance for private tenants and leaseholders

Where to find accommodation and what to do if you have problems with your landlord.

Published on: 8 January 2021

Last updated: 8 January 2021

Landlord problems

We have specialist officers who can help you if:

  • your landlord wants to end your tenancy or lease
  • your landlord claims you owe rent or wants to put your rent up
  • your landlord will not do repairs or refuses to give you your deposit back
  • you are behind with your payments
  • your landlord wants you to move out of your home for a while so that it can be repaired or refurbished

We enforce certain laws protecting Westminster residents and can take action if:

  • you are unlawfully harassed or evicted from your home
  • your landlord or the agent refuses to give you your landlord's name and address
  • you require information about your service charges
  • your rent is payable weekly and your landlord refuses to give you a rent book
  • an accommodation agency asks you for money before finding you a home​

​Contact the Housing Solutions team for an informal chat.