Neighbourhood food waste bins
As part of our city-wide roll out, we are offering a new service for residents who live in a property that is not suitable for either a kerbside or communal food waste recycling bin service. Our neighbourhood food waste recycling bin service is launched during October 2022 in the north of Westminster.
These food waste bins are in the following locations.
- St Mary’s Square Terrace, Little Venice ward
- Edgware Road- Frampton Street, adjacent to Parsons House, Little Venice ward
- Warwick Avenue junction with Sutherland Avenue, Little Venice ward
- Sutherland Avenue junction with Maida Vale, Maida Vale ward
- Grantully Road, Maida Vale ward
- Elgin Avenue junction with Maida Vale, Maida Vale ward
- Delamere Terrace at Lords Hill Road, Westbourne ward
- Denbigh Street junction with Lupus Street, Pimlico North ward
- Tachbrook Street opposite Pimlico Tube Station, Pimlico North ward
- Alderney Street junction with Sussex Street, Pimlico North ward
- Belgrave Road junction with Denbigh Street, Pimlico North ward
- Eccleston Square- opposite number 38, Pimlico North ward
- Eccleston Square- opposite number 30, Pimlico North ward
- Gillingham Street micro-recycling centre, Pimlico North ward
- Sutherland Row junction with Sutherland Street, Pimlico South
- Hide Place junction with Esterbrooke, Vincent Square ward
- Horseferry Road micro-recycling centre, outside St John’s Gardens, Vincent Square ward
- Erasmus Street micro-recycling centre, Vincent Square ward
Sign up for the neighbourhood food waste service
Residents can sign up for this service if they live in a property that is not suitable for a kerbside or communal food waste recycling bin. Simply click on the link below and complete the sign up form.
The Recycling Team will then contact you to provide further information.
Using your new food waste containers
We will provide you with:
- one roll of food waste liners
- one silver, 7 litre kitchen bin
- an instructional leaflet about the new service
These will be delivered to your property around a week before your food waste recycling collections will start. Our engagement teams will visit your property to speak to you about how to use the new service.
How to use the bins
- Line your kitchen bin with a food waste liner, for example, and then put your food in it.
- Take your filled food waste liners (that are securely tied) to your nearest neighbourhood food waste bin.
- If you experience any issues with the neighbourhood food waste bins either email the Recycling Team at [email protected] or use Report It.
If your kitchen food waste recycling bin breaks, please request a new one.