Changes to your collections
If you live in a property which receives kerbside waste collections, such as a house or a house converted into flats, as part of this service expansion your rubbish and mixed recycling collections may change as well.
If you previously received one mixed recycling collection and two rubbish collections per week, during 2022 your collections will change. Properties will start to receive the following services on the same collection day, although there might be some variations for certain properties:
- one weekly food waste recycling collection
- one weekly mixed recycling collection
- one weekly rubbish collection
We understand this will be a change for some residents. However, we are encouraging all residents to use the service for at least one month. After one month, you can request for a second rubbish collection to be reinstated.
Please see our collections page for further information.
Using your new food waste containers
We will provide you with:
- one roll of food waste liners
- one silver, 7 litre kitchen bin
- one black, 23 litre outdoor food waste bin
- an instructional leaflet about the new service
These will be delivered to your property around a week before your food waste recycling collections will start. Please note we have two separate container delivery teams working, so you will likely receive your containers in two separate deliveries.
Our engagement teams will also visit your property and speak to you about how to use the new service.
If you live in a house converted into flats, one outdoor bin will be provided per 3 flats. Another outdoor food waste bin can be provided upon request by contacting [email protected]
How to use the bins
- Line your kitchen bin with a food waste liner, for example, and then put your food in it.
- Put your filled food waste liners (that are securely tied) inside your outdoor food waste recycling bin and lock the bin, ready for collection. Do not leave your liners outside the bins for collection.
- Make sure your outdoor food recycling bin can be easily seen by our collection crews on your collection day.
If your food waste bin was not emptied on your collection by our crews, you can report the missed collection online.
If your kitchen food waste recycling bin or outdoor food waste recycling bin is stolen or is damaged, please order a new one.
If you require an assisted collection due to mobility issues, please email the Recycling Team on [email protected]
For further information about to use our food waste recycling service, please read the leaflet: