Skip to main content

Mansion block collections

Using your food waste containers

Food waste collections in mansion blocks (which are private blocks of flats) will vary. Some buildings will receive kerbside food waste collections, and some will use communal food waste recycling bins. Please speak to your caretaker, porter, concierge or managing agents about the arrangements for your individual property. 

If your building has been approved for the food waste recycling service, you will receive direct communications by mail from us. If you have any queries, please contact the Recycling Team at [email protected]

All residents living in buildings with access to food waste recycling are provided with the following when the service starts:

These will be delivered before the food waste recycling service starts in your building.

Please speak to your caretaker, porter, concierge or managing agents if you have not received these containers.

How to use your bins

Please recycle your food waste by: 

  1. Lining your kitchen bin with a food waste liner, for example, and then put your food in it.
  2. Whenever you need to empty your kitchen bin, tie the top of the liner and remove from your kitchen bin.
  3. Take your food waste in a liner to your nearest outdoor food waste bin or indoor communal food waste bin or food waste chute. This will vary according to the arrangements in your building.

If you need a new food waste kitchen bin or to report that your communal food waste bin collection has been missed, please use our online forms.

How to recycle your food waste in your mansion block will vary depending on your building’s waste management arrangements.

Please ask your porter or building manager for further information. You can also contact the Recycling Team on [email protected] or our contact centre on 020 7641 2000.

For further information about to use our communal food waste recycling service, please read this leaflet:

Food waste leaflet PDF, 600.69 KB, 4 pages