Housing estate collections
Using your new food waste containers
We will provide you with:
- one roll of food waste liners
- one silver, 7 litre kitchen bin
- an instructional leaflet about the new service
These will be delivered to your property around a week before your food waste recycling collections will start. Our engagement teams will also visit your property and speak to you about how to use the new service.
We will provide your estate with communal food waste recycling bins for residents to use.
How to use the bins
- Line your kitchen bin with a food waste liner, for example, and then put your food in it.
- Whenever you need to empty your kitchen bin, tie the top of the liner and remove it from your kitchen bin.
- Take your food waste in a liner to your nearest outdoor food waste on your estate. Lift the lid and put the liner filled with food waste inside the bin.
If you need a new food waste kitchen bin or to report that your communal food waste bin collection has been missed, please use our online forms.
For further information about how to use our food waste recycling service, please download our estates leaflet: