Skip to main content

Help with financial matters

Find out how you receive financial help.

Help for council tenants

Rent Support Fund

We have launched the Rent Support Fund to help social housing tenants struggling with rent payments during the cost of living crisis. 

The Rent Support Fund has been created specifically to help those in financial difficulty. The money will be used to cover some or all of the upcoming rent increases for households who are not entitled to Universal Credit or Housing Benefit. Tenants who are eligible for full or partial benefits will receive the full rebate in their Housing Benefit or Universal Credit payments.

Find out more and register your interest

Council tenants struggling financially and at risk of getting into arrears should contact the income services team on 0800 358 3783 (option 1, then option 2) from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday to discuss the help available. Our friendly team is here to help you.

Published: 22 March 2023

Last updated: 24 March 2023