Skip to main content

Contact us

Find information about our services right here on our website or find out how to get in touch.

Council services

Adult services

Find out about social care for vulnerable adults such as the disabled or elderly, or tell us if you are worried about a vulnerable adult.

Learn more about adult services 

020 7641 2500


Find out how to claim Housing and Council Tax Benefit to help pay your rent and council tax. Tell us about any changes to your circumstances or make an enquiry about your claim.

Learn more about benefits

0800 072 0042

Births, deaths, marriage and citizenship

Find out about registering a birth or death, getting married or having a civil partnership in Westminster, or becoming a British citizen.

Learn more about births, deaths, marriage, civil partnership and citizenship

020 7641 7500

Children's services

Find out about Social Services, childcare, schools and family support, or tell us if you are worried about a child.

Learn more about children's services

020 7641 4000

Council services for business

Find out more about paying your business rates, licensing your business, commercial waste and special events.

Learn more about council services for business

020 7641 7000

Council Tax

Find out more about paying, registering, checking your balance or setting up a Direct Debit, or make an enquiry.

Learn more about Council Tax

0343 178 2743

Electoral services

Find out about registering to vote or local elections.

Learn more about electoral services

020 7641 7500

Homes for Ukraine

If you are a Homes for Ukraine sponsor or guest, and you wish to discuss your sponsorship arrangement, housing, finance, thank you payment, welcome payment, change of circumstances or any other concerns, please contact the Ukraine Response team by:

You can also visit us at Westminster City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, SW1E 6QE, Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.

If you have an emergency out of hours, please contact our Emergency Duty Team on 0207 641 2388.


Find housing information and applications, and advice about being homeless.

Learn more about housing

020 7641 1000

Legal services

The department provides a wide range of legal services to the Council, its Members and Officers but not the public. This is a shared service with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. Specialist areas include:

  • Litigation
  • Planning and Corporate Law
  • Property and Contracts
  • Social Services

You can contact our legal services team by:

  • email: [email protected]
  • post: Legal Services, The Town Hall Hornton Street, London, W8 7NX

Contact hours are Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm.


Find locations and opening times, and information on how to renew books and DVDs, or make an enquiry.

Learn more about libraries

020 7641 6200


Find out how to search for, view and comment on licensing applications, and find information about applying for a licence.

Learn more about licensing

020 7641 6500


Find out about permits for residents and businesses, disabled badges and suspended parking bays. You can also pay a parking ticket or challenge a fine.

Learn more about parking

020 7823 4567


Find out how to search for, view and comment on planning applications, and find information on submitting a planning application.

Learn more about planning

020 7641 6500

[email protected]

Recycling and rubbish

Find out when your rubbish is collected, order bin bags and get information on how to recycle.

Learn more about recycling and rubbish

020 7641 2000

Trading standards

If you are a consumer and have a complaint about a trader or require advice about a dispute please contact Citizens Advice using the following details:

If you are a business based in the City of Westminster and require advice about how to comply with trading standards legislation please contact:

  • phone: 0207 641 2000

If you are a business based outside the City of Westminster, contact your local Trading Standards Service. To find your council visit GOV.UK

Published: 21 December 2020

Last updated: 17 July 2023