Skip to main content

Saving energy at home

Advice and support to help make your home more energy-efficient and reduce your energy bills.

Advice for council leaseholders

In addition to the advice for everyone, here is advice specific to Westminster City Council leaseholders.

As a leaseholder you can make some energy efficiency improvements to your home however you will need to apply for permission to make certain alterations to your property.

Leaseholder retrofit guidance

We are developing guidance for our leaseholders, outlining what you can do to improve the energy-efficiency of your home and when you need permission from us as the freeholder.

As freeholder many block or building-wide energy-efficiency improvements are our responsibility. In 2024 we plan to publish our retrofit strategy, outlining what type of improvements will be considered for each estate and the timeframes for delivery. 

This information will be made available on our website and via our Leaseholder services team.

Help paying your bills

If you're struggling to pay your energy bills, check our cost of living hub for advice and support.

If your heating and hot water is supplied by the council through a communal system, and you are having difficulties with payments please get in contact with us as soon as possible. Contact us at 0800 358 3783 or [email protected]

Published: 24 February 2023

Last updated: 23 November 2023