Skip to main content

This is a new website - we welcome your feedback to help us improve it.

Premises licences

You need a licence if you are planning to sell or supply alcohol, late-night refreshments or regulated entertainment.

Published on: 9 April 2021

Last updated: 9 April 2021

How to apply

Apply for a new premises licence

licensing_fees_list_1.pdf PDF, 478.99 KB, 38 pages

Further guidance for online applicants (PDF, 76KB)

For new, provisional statements or full variation applications, you must display notice.

For anything other than a new licence, please use the relevant form below:

Apply for a provisional statement
Apply for a variation of an existing licence
Apply for a minor variation of an existing licence
Apply to vary named Designated Premises Supervisor
Consent form for person to be Designated Premises Supervisor
Apply to be removed as Designated Premises Supervisor
Apply to transfer a licence to a new licensee
Consent form for licence holder to transfer licence
Apply for interim authority notice
Apply for notification of an interest in a licensed premise

Email: [email protected] for a postal application form. The council has established a cheque payment surcharge for all Type 3 and some Type 2 licensing regime fees. View the fees list for more detail.

To request a change of address please email:[email protected]

Displaying notice

For new, provisional statements or full variation applications a notice must be displayed on the premises for 28 days starting from the application date. A notice with the same information must also be displayed in a local newspaper within 10 days from the application date.

A notice is also required for a minor variation application for 10 working days from the day after the application is made. No newspaper public notice is required for minor variations.

Public notice templates
New premises licence 
Provisional statement 
Full variation of a premises licence 
Minor variation of a premises licence