Skip to main content

Moving out of your home

What to do when you are moving out of your home.

Published on: 6 January 2021

Last updated: 28 April 2022

Moving to housing for older people

Residential housing

If you are interested in moving and are aged 60 or above you may be eligible for a home in one of our residential blocks. These comprise of self-contained flats in blocks that also have communal facilities.  Details of each of our residential blocks can be found in our guide to housing for older people.

If you wish to remain close to friends and support networks in Westminster these may prove to be ideal. Many of these blocks offer social activities and have guest rooms for visitors. 

Each scheme has a manager who can check on your wellbeing and provides support that will help you continue to live an independent life. For your safety and security each flat is linked to a 24 hour emergency alarm.

We also have a number of homes that offer an extra level of care and support. These schemes have a team of home carers working on site to provide daily help.

To apply for any of these properties you need to register and be able to bid for available properties.

If you are aged 60 or over then you may be eligible for the Mayor of London’s Seaside & Country Homes scheme Furthermore you may qualify for the Cash Incentive scheme to help you with a move.