Skip to main content

Moving out of your home

What to do when you are moving out of your home.

Published on: 19 October 2021

Last updated: 28 September 2022

Apply for a Transfer

If you are a Westminster City Council tenant and need to move home (e.g., because you are overcrowded or have a medical reason to move), you will need to complete an application for a transfer:

Tenant transfer application form

If you are applying for a move on medical grounds you will also need to complete a medical assessment form which you can find attached at the end of the transfer application form. Please complete a medical assessment form for each person in your household that has a medical condition. 

The Housing Solutions Service will consider all the information they receive and advise you if you are eligible to register under one of our priority need groups. You will be notified of the decision in writing.

We use a Choice Based Lettings system which means that you will need to bid for properties. Once you are registered for a transfer you can bid for properties using the Home Connections website. More information can be found here:

Please be aware:

Rent Arrears: If you have rent arrears of more than one week your transfer application will be suspended.

Anti-Social Behaviour: If you or a person in your household has been guilty of unacceptable behaviour serious enough to make a person unsuitable to be a tenant you will not be eligible for a transfer. This includes a household in which a person has been prosecuted and found guilty of anti-social behaviour including for example theft, public disorder offences etc.


Home Connections website

Other Housing Options