Ending your tenancy
If you decide that it is time to move on and wish to end your tenancy you need to let us know. If you fail to do so, we will re-charge you for any costs we incur.
To ensure that your tenancy ends correctly, you must follow these steps:
- write to us and give at least four weeks’ notice
- provide us with the details of your new address
- return your keys to your local area office by midday on the Monday your tenancy ends
- tell your utility providers that you are moving home so that they can either end or move your accounts
- inform the Benefits Agency, Council Tax and/or Housing Benefit of your move and your new address
- ensure that you leave the property empty and clear of all possessions including furniture, belongings and rubbish
- complete all repairs which are your responsibility
- not leave anyone else living in the property after you leave
If you have any questions or require further information please contact housing services.
Further helpful tips for moving home can be found in the guide below.