Making an application
This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you make contact with us or use one of our services. You can view the Council’s housing privacy notice here;
If you would like to apply for social housing or are a Westminster council tenant wishing to move to another council property, you will need to complete an online application form.
Please read the following information carefully before you apply;
- The form will take approximately one hour to complete, depending on your circumstances.
- If you are completing the application form using a shared computer, for example at a library, you will need to make sure that you close the browser completely when you have finished.
- Housing Solutions Service (HSS) will consider your taxable income and savings as part of the eligibility assessment. The threshold amount can change every April depending on the higher rate of income tax. Tax-free state benefits are excluded from the calculations, please see the following link for a list of state benefits that are taxable and non-taxable https://www.gov.uk/income-tax/taxfree-and-taxable-state-benefits
- Medical information – please note that by signing the Medical Assessment Form (MAF) you are giving consent for the Housing Solutions Service to contact your GP/Health Professional to share your medical information in relation to your housing application.
- Priority for housing is assessed in line with the Council’s Housing Allocation Scheme, depending on your circumstances at the time you apply. Further information on the priority groups can be found at https://www.westminster.gov.uk/housing-policy-and-strategy/allocations-scheme.
- Depending on your circumstances, you will need to have some documentation to hand before you begin;
|Type of Proof||Who Needs to Provide It||Documents Required|
|Proof of ID||All||
One of the following for each household member;
|Proof of Three Years Residency||All adult household members||
One of the following covering every year for each household member;
|Proof of Income and Savings/Assets||All adult household members||
Any relevant documents from the following showing total annual income and savings/assets for each adult household member;
|Medical Information||If applying on medical grounds||
Any of the following that you already have for each household member with a medical issue;
|Proof of Two Years Employment||Family households only||
Any relevant documents from the following for the main applicant and/or partner covering each of the last two years;
If you are employed;
If you are self-employed;
|Proof of Ten Years Residency||Family households only||
At least two different documents for each year from the following for the main applicant and/or partner;
If you would still like to apply for social housing or move from your current Westminster council property, please complete one of the following forms.
All the information you include in the application process will be considered and if you are eligible to register you will be notified in writing.
- If you are new to social housing and are not homeless complete this form:
- If you are a Westminster Council tenant wishing to move, complete this form;
- If you are already registered for housing and need to provide medical information, please complete the following form and send to [email protected];
Medical Assessment Form
Medical information – please note that by signing the Medical Assessment Form (MAF) you are giving consent for the Housing Solutions Service to contact your GP/Health Professional to share your medical information in relation to your housing application.