Skip to main content

Apply for a pavement licence

Apply for a licence to place removable furniture over certain highways next to premises, for the sale of food and drink.

Published on: 19 January 2021

Last updated: 19 January 2021

Who can apply?

The following businesses are eligible to apply for a pavement licence:

  • pubs
  • restaurants
  • bars
  • cafes
  • snack bars
  • coffee shops
  • ice cream parlours

Premises that have ancillary aspect uses such as supermarkets and entertainment venues that sell food and drink may also apply.