Skip to main content

Apply for a busking and street entertainment licence

Apply for a licence to perform in regulated areas.

Last updated: 15 March 2021

Cancel your licence or appeal a decision

Cancel your licence

A performer wanting to cancel their licence can do so if the request is made in writing to the council. You can do this by contacting the Licensing Team or emailing [email protected].

Appeal a decision

There is a right to appeal the decision of your busking and street entertainment licence if:

  • an application for the grant of a licence is refused
  • a licence holder who is aggrieved by any term, condition or restriction on or subject to which the licence is held
  • a licence holder whose licence has been revoked

Find out about making an appeal or complaint against the granting of a licence. If the temporary licence is refused as part of your application, it is not possible to appeal that decision.