|Monday to Friday
|10am to 8pm
|10am to 5pm
This is a specialist public reference library with regular and varied events, exhibition space and a business information point. There are also three reading rooms available for reading and study.
Westminster Music Library has relocated to Westminster Reference Library, please check their opening times before visiting.
Facilities and services
- computers - book a PC
- exhibition space hire
- free wifi
- Hublet - borrow a Samsung tablet to use in the library with your Westminster library card
- photocopying, printing and scanning
- room hire
- study area
35 St Martin's Street
There is no wheelchair access but we can make our material available at another Westminster library branch upon request.
There are two steps at the entrance, then six steps immediately inside the building to the ground floor. The library is on three floors with stairs to all levels but there is no lift. You can find the following collections on each floor:
- ground floor: performing arts, fine art, design and photography collections
- first floor: Westminster Music Library
- second floor: a quiet reading and study area and a collection of art books for loan
Registered assistance dogs are welcome.
We have events for adults, and activities for children and young people.
Directions to Westminster Reference Library
Nearest railway station: Charing Cross Station
Nearest tube station: Leicester Square (Northern line), Charing Cross (Bakerloo and Northern lines), Piccadilly Circus (Bakerloo and Piccadilly lines)
Buses: 3, 6, 11, 14, 38, 94, 139
Plan your journey by using the TfL journey planner.