Skip to main content

Temporary accommodation

Find out how we can help those in need of emergency or temporary accommodation.

Support in temporary accommodation

We commission a range of support services tailored for clients who are living in our temporary accommodation.

Housing Solutions Service support workers

The Housing Solutions Service have a dedicated Support Worker for clients in temporary accommodation.

The Support Worker’s primary role is to help people settle into their new accommodation by assisting to find and access local services, such as hospitals and schools.

They can also assist with other issues that may arise while living in temporary accommodation, on a short term basis.

If you would like to find out more about the services in your area, but do not need the help of the Support Worker, you can access information on your local council’s webpage. Find out which local authority your accommodation is in

Floating Support

Westminster’s ‘Floating Support’ service assists people to maintain their tenancies and live independently.  

They can help clients with a range of issues, from dealing with debt to managing health concerns, by offering person-centred support and ensuring people are linked in with the appropriate services.

The support workers will visit clients in their own home. 

Homeless Employment and Learning Project (HELP)

The HELP team supports clients to access and sustain education, employment or training opportunities and ultimately maximise their income.

They can also assist with debt and benefits advice including childcare support. You can find out more here about the tailored support that HELP offer.  

If you think any of these support services would be beneficial for you, please contact the Housing Solutions Service for more information.

Telephone: 0207 641 1000
Email: [email protected]

Published: 30 December 2020

Last updated: 8 April 2024