Camping and caravan site licence

To run a caravan and camping site you need a licence from the council under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960.

Read more information at GOV.UK

1. How to apply

Apply online

Regulation summary

Read a summary of the regulation relating to this licence.

Eligibility criteria

To following conditions will apply:

  • applicants must be entitled to use the land as a caravan site
  • licences will not be issued to applicants who have had a site licence revoked within 3 years of the current application
  • applicants must hold or have applied for planning permission under Part III of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990

Find out more about applying by post

2. What happens next

Applications for sites in Westminster must be made to Westminster City Council.

Tacit consent

Tacit consent will apply if an application is unopposed. This means you can act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the council within 30 calendar days.

3. Further information

Trade associations

View the public register

View the public register online

You can also view a copy of the register at the council's offices during normal office hours. Please contact the Licensing Team to make an appointment.

Making an appeal

View information on appeals and complaints

Last updated: 17 May 2017
Rate this page: