We’re launching a new website very soon. View the new site while it's still under construction.

Licensing appeals and complaints

Appeals by applicants

If your application is refused or if you're unhappy with the conditions, most licence types have a right of appeal. Before you take any formal action, please contact the Licensing team for advice.

To make an appeal, you need to write to Westminster Magistrates' Court, 181 Marylebone Road, Westminster, London NW1 5BR within 21 days of the decision.

Appeals by other parties

Interested parties can also appeal against the granting of a licence. Appeals should be made to Westminster Magistrates' Court, 181 Marylebone Road, Westminster, London NW1 5BR within 21 days of notice of the decision.

Consumer complaints and reporting problems

We advise you first contact the trader, preferably by letter with proof of delivery. If that has not worked and you are in the UK, Citizens Advice consumer service will give you advice. From outside the UK, contact the UK European Consumer Centre.

You can report problems such as noise or pollution online using our Report It tool.

To make a complaint about the Licensing team or the service you have received, please use the council's complaints procedure.

Last updated: 5 September 2016