Skip to main content


Find out if you are eligible for Housing Benefit or other support payments.

Apply for a Local Support Payment

Apply for a payment if you need help with some of the costs of moving to new rented accommodation or because of an emergency.

Report benefit fraud

Find out how to report someone if you suspect they are committing benefit fraud.

Contact us about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

How to get in touch with us if you have a question about Housing Benefits.

Apply for Discretionary Housing Payment

Find out more about Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) and how you can apply for it.

Guide to Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Find detailed information about Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support including who is eligible to apply for it.

Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support

Housing Benefit is a national welfare benefit that helps people on low income, or other state benefits, meet their rent costs.

Log in to your Housing Benefit account

Access and manage your information.

Repay overpaid Housing Benefits

Make payments back to the council.

Calculate your Housing Benefit amount

Find out how much you could be entitled to.

Universal Credit

Read about what Universal Credit is and how you can claim it.

Apply for Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support

Fill out this form in order to make a claim for Housing Benefit, Council Tax Support or the Second Adult Reduction.

Benefits service privacy notice

Learn about what types of data our benefits service collect, how they use or share personal data, and what your rights are.