Skip to main content

This is a new website - we welcome your feedback to help us improve it.


Anyone who lives, works or studies in the City of Westminster can organise and sign a petition. This includes the under 18s.

Published on: 11 February 2021

Last updated: 11 February 2021

Officer evidence

Your petition may ask for a senior council officer to give evidence at a public meeting about something for which the officer is responsible as part of their job. 

For example, your petition may ask a senior council officer to explain progress on an issue, or to explain the advice given to elected Members to enable them to make a particular decision. Committee members will ask the questions at this meeting but you can suggest questions to the chair of the committee by contacting Committee and Governance Services on 07870 548348 up to five working days before the meeting.