Find your nearest public recycling bins in Westminster and information about what you can recycle.
There are around 160 micro-recycling centres in Westminster.
At selected locations there are bins for:
- food waste recycling
- small electrical appliances
- books for reuse or recycling
- mixed textiles - worn or unworn clothes, shoes, bags, belts and fabric
- mixed paper and card
- plastic bottles, cartons and food tins and drink cans
- mixed recycling - mixed paper and card, food tins and drink cans, plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars.
Preventing contamination in the mixed recycling bins
We have to lock the lids on the mixed recycling bins to prevent people from putting rubbish bags in them, and contaminating the mixed recycling.
You can still use the holes to place your items in the mixed recycling bins. Simply lift the green flap and put your mixed recycling inside the bin.
Please put your recycling inside the correct bin. Bags or items dumped on or around the bin will be subject to enforcement for fly-tipping.
Published: 16 December 2020
Last updated: 30 January 2023