Skip to main content

MyWestminster account and Digital Card

Find out how to apply you can apply for a MyWestminster account and digital card.

Introducing the MyWestminster account and digital card

Our new MyWestminster account offers residents a faster and easier way to access our services such as libraries and City Save offers.

As part of improvements to the MyWestminster account, we are launching the MyWestminster Digital Card. 

The digital card can be downloaded from your MyWestminster account onto your smartphone using Apple Wallet and Google Pay giving you access to libraries and City Save on the go, preventing the need for physical cards.

MyWestminster account

What is a MyWestminster account?

Your MyWestminster account gives you easy access to council services such as:

  • reporting issues such as dumped rubbish or noise nuisance
  • requesting services such as bulk waste collections or recycling bags
  • applying for the MyWestminster Digital Card
  • applying for Free School Meals
  • tracking the status progress of your requests

How do I sign up for MyWestminster account?

You can sign up to a MyWestminster account by going to the MyWestminster Portal page and clicking on 'MyWestminster log in'. 

I have forgotten my password

At the login page, click on the ‘forgotten your password?’ button and enter your email address to receive reset instructions.

I did not receive the email to reset my details

Please check your junk and spam email folders. If this does not work, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.

I've registered my details, but have received an email that says my email user ID already exists

If you need further help, please contact us using the details at the bottom of this page.

I have a council tax account, is it the same as a MyWestminster account?

The MyWestminster account is separate from your council tax account. 

If you need to access your council tax account or change your password, please visit the council tax sign in page.

MyWestminster Digital Card

We are currently experiencing technical issues which are affecting uploading documents as part of the application. We are looking to resolve these issues as soon as possible and apologise for any inconvenience

What is a MyWestminster Digital Card?

The MyWestminster Digital Card will allow you:

What personal information will I need to apply for my Digital Card?

You may be asked to provide proof of ID if we don’t already hold your data, such as proof of your address.

What is City Save?

Westminster City Save is a membership scheme for Westminster residents. It's free to join and offers local discounts and savings.

By adding City Save to your digital card you will unlock fantastic cultural activities and exciting offers as you show your MyWestminster Digital Card to participating shops, restaurants, events, venues and many more.

Can I use MyWestminster Digital Card in all the libraries? 

By joining Westminster libraries you can access library services in Westminster and Kensington and Chelsea.

Find out about membership types and how you can join a library.

What if I do not have a smartphone? 

You can continue to use your physical membership card/cards.

I am moving out of Westminster soon. Can I keep MyWestminster account and digital card?

If you no longer live in Westminster, your status in our system will be updated and you will not be able to use your MyWestminster digital card. You can keep your Westminster account, but access to our services will change.

I'm not on the council tax or electoral roll. Can I still register?

If you are a Westminster resident, and you are not yet registered for council tax and are not on the electoral roll, you will also have the option to upload evidence of your addressed and identity. 

Proof address can include:

  • a recent utility bill (Within the past 3 months)
  • council tax bill
  • current UK driving licence
  • a bank or building society statement dated within last 3 months

Proof of identify can include:

  • a current signed passport
  • original birth certificate
  • an EEA member state identity card
  • your current UK or EEA photocard driving licence (if not used in proof of address)

A member of the team will review your application to approve within one working day or may ask you for further information.

Contact us

If you have any issues or queries, please call our contact centre.

Published: 3 May 2022

Last updated: 11 April 2024