Skip to main content

New street entertainment licence

Before you apply

You need to have a right to work in the UK to apply for a street entertainment licence.

The sale of articles associated with performances is regulated under the City of Westminster Act 1999, therefore a temporary licence will only be granted to an applicant that is over the age of 17 years.

View areas where regulation applies and designated busking pitches within Westminster

In this application you need to provide:

  • Proof of ID e.g. driving licence, passport or government ID card - if you don't have a photo ID then you may provide your birth certificate
  • Proof of public liability insurance (up to £2 Million)
  • A digital photograph of you
  • Credit or debit card to make payment