At the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, local people and groups asked us how they could help in their communities. In response, we set up Westminster Connects to co-ordinate volunteers with Westminster residents that need help. We are as always humbled by the amazing community spirit of Westminster’s residents and their willingness to help others. Westminster Connects is continuing to support vulnerable residents as well as charities who are grateful for all the support they get through volunteers.
You can register to Westminster Connects by completing this digital form - please click here.
Once you have registered you will receive our fortnightly digital newsletters (usually on Fridays) with the latest volunteering opportunities in Westminster.
You can also sign up to the MyWestminster newsletter by clicking here for daily updates on what is happening in Westminster – please elaborate on this and maybe mention what sort of news they would receive on this newsletter.
Become a volunteer
We have set up a system that connects volunteers to those who need help. If you would like to help out, please leave your details by clicking on the relevant link below.
By volunteering to help you may be asked to do any of the following tasks:
- shopping for food or supplies
- delivering food or supplies to vulnerable residents
- picking up and delivering prescriptions
- having a friendly phone conversation with those at risk of loneliness when in isolation
- supporting with critical transport needs
- helping with digital skills coaching
- COVID-19 vaccine marshalling