It aims to deliver health, wellbeing and environmental benefits for all residents of the Church Street area. Between 2017 and 2022, Westminster City Council is committed to grant £2,000,000 for projects taking place in the Church Street ward itself, as well as on the Paddington Green estate.
Applications for the Neighbourhood Keepers programme are now closed.
We seek to award grants from £200 to £20,000 to organisations or individuals to deliver health and wellbeing and/ or environmental activities. Specifically, we are looking for, projects around mental health, exercise, edible planting, gardening, healthy cooking sessions, food waste recycling or food waste awareness campaigns or environmental projects involving wildlife hubs for local people of all ages and backgrounds to take part in.
Applications might propose one of the above activities or a combination of them, a festival, outdoor event or something completely new.
We want to receive innovative project proposals that:
- directly benefit the local Church Street ward and its residents
- involve the local Church Street ward residents - to prove this, you must collect participants’ postcodes where you're able to
- respond to the Church Street Regeneration programme
- encourage greater local engagement in physical and environmental activities
- make use of the area’s existing and new outdoor spaces
It is essential that you have a look at the Neighbourhood Keepers brochure, which contains information about the ward, the Church Street Regeneration programme and the role of the Neighbourhood Keepers programme within it.
Neighbourhood Keepers brochure [Unable to upload]
Church Street room hire timetable [Unable to upload]
Church Street ward profile including ward boundary map [PLACEHOLDER LINK]
See the impact the programme has had on residents through successful applicant, Zumba Fitness.
List of Successful Organisation Applicants for Round 5:
- Church Street Library
- Central London Youth Development Trust
- Cockpit Theatre
- Fourth Feathers
- Greenhouse Sports
- Healthy Community Gardening Association
- King Solomon Academy
- London Tigers
- Mala CHERGA Theatre
- Marylebone Bangladesh Society
- Middle Eastern Women and Society organisation
- Mosaic Community Trust
- Notting Hill Genesis
- Pro Touch SA
- Zumba Fitness