Applications for this round of funding closed at midnight on Sunday 30 January 2022.
The Neighbourhood Keepers programme is a community initiative, developed by the Church Street Futures Group and other working groups in the context of the Church Street regeneration.
It aims to improve the environment, increase digital inclusion, and enhance equality, wellbeing and community cohesion for all residents of Church Street ward.
We seek to award grants from £1,000 to £15,000 to organisations or individuals to run activities around digital inclusion, improving health and wellbeing for disadvantaged groups, community cohesion and/ or environmental activities. Specifically, we are looking for inclusive projects around tackling health inequality, strengthening community connections, closing the digital divide and enabling more people to become digitally connected; take part in gardening, recycling, waste awareness sessions or environmental projects involving wildlife hubs for local people of all ages and backgrounds to take part in.
Applications might propose one of the above activities or a combination of them.
We want to receive innovative project proposals that:
- directly benefit the local Church Street ward and its residents
- involve the local Church Street ward residents - to prove this, you must collect participants’ postcodes
- take place in Church Street ward
- respond to the Church Street Regeneration programme
- make use of the area’s existing and new outdoor spaces like the Green Spine
See the impact the programme has had on residents through successful applicant, Zumba Fitness.
The programme currently funds the Hammersmith Community Gardening Association to deliver gardening workshops at Fisherton Street Allotments.
List of Successful Organisation Applicants for Round 7:
- Greenhouse Sports
- Pro Touch SA
- Fun 4 Over 50’s
- Age UK
- Mosaic Community Trust
- Hammersmith Community Gardening Association
- Shape Up Westminster
- Plant Environment
- Penfold Community Hub
- Church Street Library
- Desi Lunchbox ltd
- Seven Spheres
- London Tigers
- Pursing Independent Paths
- Middle Eastern Women and Society Organisation