Our Westminster Green Plaque scheme was launched in 1991 to commemorate the diverse cultural heritage of Westminster and the people who have lived or worked here. It highlights buildings associated with people of renown who have made lasting contributions to society.
Our Green Plaques commemorate people who:
The scheme also marks buildings of historical interest, that form a significant part of the heritage of the city.
To submit a Green Plaque nomination please email email@example.com.
Please include the following information:
1. Submit your nomination as above.
2. We will contact you to discuss your nomination and clarify any additional information that is required.
3. We will carry out additional research to verify your nomination and submit an informal nomination to the Cabinet Member for Business, Culture and Heritage, including the proposed wording which we will agree with you.
4. We will contact the building owner to seek permission to install the Green Plaque and prepare an application for listed building consent, if it is required.
5. A full report is prepared for formal approval by Cabinet Members.
6. Following approval, your plaque is manufactured and installed.
7. We will support you to organise an unveiling ceremony if required.
Recent Green Plaques
A full list of Green Plaques will be available shortly.
To learn more about the Blue Plaques in London, please contact English Heritage. This is a separate scheme with different criteria.
For further information about Green Plaques in Westminster please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7641 3388 (Mon-Fri).