Report a concern with a business premises

If you have a concern with a premise in Westminster, you can report this to our inspectors. Our premises licensing inspectors are an enforcement team that visit premises within Westminster to ensure they are satisfying their requirements under various licensing legislation.

The premises they visit are involved in:

  • the sale and supply of alcohol
  • the provision of regulated entertainment and late night refreshments
  • sex establishments
  • massage and special treatment
  • amusement arcades, casinos, betting shops, bingo halls and other premises covered by the Gambling Act 2005

For those premises involved in the sale and supply of alcohol; and the provision of regulated entertainment and late night refreshments; the licensing inspectors monitor these with a view to ensuring they are promoting the 4 licensing objectives.

Our enforcement approach is in line with the council's enforcement policy.

Contact information

Phone: 020 7641 3385

Noise problems

If your complaint relates to noise from a licensed premises, please call 020 7641 2000 to report your noise issue. A member of the noise team will call you back within 45 minutes to discuss your complaint and, if required, arrange a visit.

Food safety 

For complaints relating to food safety issues in business premises, please contact:

Phone: 020 7641 1092

Health and safety

For complaints relating to health and safety issues in business premises, please contact

Phone: 020 7641 1063

Review of premises licence or club premises certificate

People who live or work in the vicinity of a premises licensed to sell alcohol, provide entertainment or sell hot food and drink after 11pm are able to ask the council to review the licence if they are being adversely affected by the operation of the licence. The review must be connected to one of the 4 licensing objectives

Westminster City Council, as the licensing authority, cannot initiate its own review, although responsible authorities such as the Environmental Health Team may do so. The police are another authority who may ask for a licence to be reviewed.

Your request for the premise to be reviewed must be made in writing to the licensing team. You must also give a copy of the application to the licence holder of the premises and to each responsible authority on the same day.

Find out more

Last updated: 3 February 2017
Rate this page: