What you can do
There are many ways you can get involved in our work to improve air quality across Westminster. It’s very important that we all work together to improve the air we all breathe. Why not start by visiting our new online data platform to find out what air quality monitoring is taking place in your area.
There are lots of simple steps you can take to reduce emissions and your exposure to harmful pollution. For example:
- walk or cycle when you can - as well as helping air quality by not causing emissions from your car, you’re also less exposed to pollution when you walk or cycle
- when you are out of the car, try and take quieter routes where pollution is lower, maybe through one of our award winning local parks
- if you are traveling by car, remember not to idle your engine! #DontBeIdle
- get free pollution alerts by email or text message from airTEXT
- improving the energy efficiency of your home will reduce pollution levels and save you money on your bills