What you can do
There are many ways you can get involved in our work to improve air quality across Westminster.
Each of our air quality manifesto pledges explains how we want to work with you and how you can help to shape our policies and projects to improve air quality in your area. It’s very important that we all work together to improve the air we all breathe.
There are lots of simple steps you can take to reduce emissions and your exposure to harmful pollution. For example:
- walk or cycle when you can - as well as helping air quality by not causing emissions from your car, you’re also less exposed to pollution when you walk or cycle
- when you are out of the car, try and take quieter routes where pollution is lower – maybe through local parks?
- if you are traveling by car, remember not to idle your engine! #DontBeIdle
- get free pollution alerts by email or text message from airTEXT
- improving the energy efficiency of your home will reduce pollution levels and save you money on your bills