We want to reach out to all our Ukrainian residents, and anyone with friends and families affected by, or concerned about, events in Ukraine.
Host an individual or family in Westminster
We are grateful to have received a good response to the Homes for Ukraine scheme from residents in Westminster, with many people volunteering to open their homes to Ukrainian individuals and families.
However, as the war in Ukraine continues, we are expecting more refugees to arrive seeking sanctuary. For Ukrainians already in the UK, many of their sponsor placements are coming to an end and they will therefore need alternative accommodation. We are now asking for more people to open their homes to host those who have been displaced.
By signing up as a sponsor, you will be providing a safe home to an individual or family who has fled the war in Ukraine. Sponsors are fully supported by the council’s dedicated Ukraine Response Team and have the option to receive monthly payments to support them with any associated costs.
Watch Westminster resident Margaret talk about her experience as a sponsor:
Information and support
- For all the latest Government information and advice, please visit Ukraine and the UK - GOV.UK
- The Government’s visa support for Ukrainian nationals and their family members.
- If you are a resident with friends and family in Ukraine and need information or support about what is happening, please contact the Ukrainian Embassy.
- The Ukrainian Welcome Centre offers advice, classes and events for those arriving and settling in the UK.
- To make a donation towards the UN's humanitarian work, please visit: Ukraine Humanitarian Fund UN Crisis Relief.
- You can also make a donation via the Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal.
- If you have a child in a Westminster school who is affected by the crisis, please talk to your child’s teachers about any concerns you have and support you would like the school to provide.
- For information on travel advice to and from Ukraine visit GOV.UK.