Skip to main content

Temporary structure, crane and road closure licences

Permits for placing portable toilets, scaffolding, fencing, cranes, road closures and other building materials in the road.

Security and crime prevention on building sites

Tips to reduce the risk of crime on building sites

Apply for temporary structure, road closure or crane licence

How to apply for a licence to put building apparatus or machinery in the road or on the pavement.

Guide to temporary structures and section 50 licences

Details about temporary structure licences and how to apply for one or more of them.

Managing your building site safely

Guidance on construction good practice.

Contact the Highways Licensing Team

How to get in touch with us.