Postal and proxy voting

Absent vote forms

If you would prefer to vote by post or proxy at future elections, please complete the relevant form and return it to the address on the form:


If you appoint a proxy to vote on your behalf then your proxy will need to go to your polling station to vote for you. Your proxy can apply for a postal vote to vote on your behalf instead of going to your polling station.

Signature waiver form

If you care for someone who is unable to sign the postal vote application form, they can apply for a signature waiver form. To do this, contact Electoral Services.



Refreshing Absent Vote Signatures

The Representation of the People (England and Wales) (Amendment No.2) Regulations & The Absent Voting (Transitional Provisions) (England and Wales) Regulations 2006 requires us to write to those electors who made an application to vote by post between 1st February 2012 and 31st January 2013 requesting a fresh signature as it is more than five years old.  In doing so we are also seeking to reconfirm the date of birth we hold for them.

If you have received the above mentioned letter and wish to continue to vote by post, please provide your signature and date of birth in the relevant boxes and return the form as soon as possible to avoid receiving a reminder and no later than 26 February 2018 to ensure you don’t lose your entitlement to a postal vote.   The form can be returned by email, by fax or by post in the envelope provided.      

Should you decide you no longer wish to vote by post please complete the “Cancellation of Postal Vote Request” which can be found on the reverse page of the letter and return to Electoral Services.


Last updated: 16 January 2018
Rate this page: