From Thursday 21 December 2023 to Monday 1 January 2024, the Events and Filming Office will be closed. We will not be accepting or reviewing applications during this time. Normal service will resume on Tuesday 2 January 2024
Please note our general mailbox will not be monitored during this period.
We are currently receiving a high number of enquiries. We aim to respond to you within 3 working days.
From West End landmarks and riverside views to the residential locations of Maida Vale, Mayfair and Pimlico, our streets, squares and parks provide the perfect backdrop for filming and photography.
The city has starred in countless blockbusters, dramas and independent productions including Skyfall, The Crown and Fast and Furious.
We welcome filming applications and our team is on hand to help you plan a safe and successful shoot.
When you need to apply
Please note our published timescales for processing filming applications are below. These timescales start the following working day after the application fee is received:
- filming of a simple shoot with a tripod (tripod and/or handheld lights) with a maximum cast and crew of 7 people - 3 working days’ notice
- filming requiring parking suspensions or for crews larger than 7 people - 10 working days’ notice
- filming requiring use of residential areas, traffic holds, night shoots, removal of street furniture, crane, platform, or temporary structures - 1 months’ notice
- filming requiring a road closure - 3 months’ notice
You do not need to apply if:
- you are filming breaking news
- you are filming on private property with no impact on surrounding roads or streets
- your shoot meets all the following:
- you are only using a handheld camera
- your filming will not cause an obstruction or attract a crowd
- no more than five people are involved in the filming
- you are not filming in a park or garden
Please check who owns your chosen location in case you need additional permission.