Skip to main content

Review of premises licence or club premises certificate

How to apply to have a licensed premises’ licence reviewed.

Published: 18 January 2021

Last updated: 27 January 2021

Anyone can apply to us as the licensing authority, to review the licence of a premises licensed to sell alcohol provide entertainment or sell hot food and drink after 11pm if they are being adversely affected by the operation and activities of the premises.

Your application for a review must be based upon a matter arising at or in the vicinity of the licensed premises and be relevant to one of the licensing objectives:

  • prevention of crime and disorder
  • public safety
  • prevention of public nuisance
  • protection of children from harm

What to do

If you believe a review of a licensed premises meets one or more of the objectives and would like to apply for a review, we advise you to follow these steps. 

Take notes 

Start taking notes of your reasons for concerns, includes dates and times, nature of incident or activities. Such notes may be useful in any subsequent hearing should that be necessary.  

Get guidance

The Department for Culture Media and Sport have produced a guidance document for parties interested in applying for a review.

Complete and submit your application

Your application for review of a premises licence in Westminster must be made in writing and sent to:

Licensing Team  
Westminster City Hall, 4th Floor  
64 Victoria Street 
London SW1E 6QP. 

You must also send one copy of the application and any supporting documentation to the holder of the premises licence for which the review relates, and to each of the responsible authorities on the same day upon which the application is served on the Licensing team.  

Get premises licence holder details

Premises Licence Holder details may be available in the documents section of the Licensing Register.

If you are unable to locate the Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate holders details, email us at [email protected]

Reports of crime should be made in the usual way by dialling 999 if it is an emergency or by contacting your local police station. Reports of other nuisance can be reported online using our Report It tool.

Post to the responsible authorities 

You must send a copy of the review application and supporting documentation to the following Responsible Authorities: 

Responsible Authority Address
Metropolitan Police Service

The Chief Officer of Police,
Westminster Police Licensing Team,
4th Floor, 
Westminster City Hall,
64 Victoria Street,

London Fire Brigade London Fire & Emergency Planning Authority,
156 Harrow Road,
W2 6NL
Environmental Health Consultation Team (Health & Safety, Environment, Weights and Measures Community Protection Westminster City Council,
Environmental Health Consultation Team,
 4th Floor,
Westminster City Hall,
64 Victoria Street, 
Planning Department Development Planning Services, Westminster City Council, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP
Child Protection Committee Area Child Protection Committee, Head of Commissioning - Child Protection & Quality, Social and Community, Services - Children and Families, 4 Frampton Street, London, NW8 8LF

The following responsible authorities are only applicable if the premises is a vessel:

Responsible Authority Address
The Navigation Authority (for vessels not permanently moored), Tidal Thames

The Harbour Master, The Port of London Authority, 7 Harp Lane, London, EC3R 6LB

The Navigation Authority (for vessels not permanently moored), Non Tidal Thames

The Environment Agency Recreation and Navigation, Thames Region, Kings Meadow House, Kings Meadow Road, Reading, RG1 8DQ
Authority responsible for canals The Leisure Manager, British Waterways Board, 1 Sheldon Square, Paddington Central, London, W2 6TT