Skip to main content

Apply for a temporary event notice

How to apply for a temporary event notice to sell or supply alcohol, provide late night refreshments or entertainment.

If you wish to sell or supply alcohol, provide regulated entertainment or late night refreshment but don't hold a premises licence or club premises certificate, you need to apply for temporary permission.

These are called Temporary Event Notices (TEN) and you can find out more at GOV.UK.

How to apply

Apply online

Notices must be received at least 10 working days before the event. Each notice costs £21.

To request a copy of a postal application form, please email the Licensing Service at: [email protected] stating the application form that is required.

Please note that we have established a cheque payment surcharge for all Type 3 and some Type 2 licensing regime fees.

For further information on these licence types, please view the fees list.

Published: 14 January 2021

Last updated: 2 February 2023