Coronavirus infections are increasing. Keep safe by washing your hands, covering your face and keeping space. If you have symptoms, please get tested. Learn more about controlling the spread of coronavirus

Apply for Discretionary Housing Payment

Discretionary Housing Payment (DHP) is an extra payment we can give you if your housing benefit is less than the full amount of your rent.

We cannot give a DHP to cover council tax or the cost of things included in your rent, like fuel, water or food charges.

You can claim DHP to help pay your rent but we must be satisfied that you need further help.

DHP claims policy

Download DHP application form

Claim DHP online

Last updated: 7 April 2020