Mayor of London and West London Assembly election - May 2021
Find out information about the London Mayoral and London Assembly election.
The Mayor of London, London Assembly and the Churchill by-election took place on Thursday 6 May 2021.
Notices of election
Voting in these elections
To vote in these elections you must:
- be registered to vote
- be at least 18 years old on the day of the elections
- be a British citizen, a European Union citizen or a Commonwealth citizen who has or does not require leave to remain in the UK
Remember, being registered with the council for services and paying council tax will not automatically include you on the electoral register.
British citizens living overseas can’t vote in the Mayor of London and London Assembly elections.
- Monday 19 April 2021 - deadline to register to vote
- 5pm on Tuesday 20 April 2021 - deadline for new postal vote applications and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes
- 5pm on Tuesday 27 April 2021 - deadline for receiving new applications to vote by proxy (not postal proxy or emergency proxy)
A proxy is a person who votes on behalf of another voter. The proxy must be eligible to vote at these elections.
Polling day takes place on Thursday 6 May 2021 from 7am to 10pm.
You can also find this booklet in other languages.
Published: 15 January 2021
Last updated: 9 October 2023