Skip to main content

Mayor of London and London Assembly Elections 2024

Find out information about the London Mayoral and London Assembly election that took place on Thursday 2 May 2024

Saturday 4 May: results will be published on the London Elects website as they are announced. 


Cllr James Small-Edwards, Labour and Co-operative Party, has been elected as the Assembly Member for the West Central constituency. Find the full Assembly Member results on the London Elects website (PDF, 69KB).

Election for the West Central GLA Constituency

You can find the Notice of Election for the Election of Mayor of London and London-wide members of the London Assembly on the London Elects website.

Eligibility to vote

To vote in the  Mayor of London and London Assembly elections, you must:

  • be registered to vote
  • be 18 or over on the day of the election (polling day)
  • be a British, Irish, qualifying Commonwealth or EU citizen
  • be a resident at an address in Greater London
  • not be legally excluded from voting

The Mayor of London is elected using the First Past the Post system. You vote once for a candidate, and the candidate with the most votes becomes mayor.

London Assembly members are elected using the Additional Member system. You vote once for your constituency member and once for a London-wide representative.

The West Central GLA constituency comprises the City of Westminster, the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, and the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.

There are 14 constituency members and 11 London-wide members.

Register to vote and applying for a postal or proxy vote

You can register to vote in future elections.

Apply for a photo ID to vote (called a ‘Voter Authority Certificate’)

Use this service to apply for a ‘Voter Authority Certificate’. You can use it to vote in person in some elections and referendums in Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales). You cannot use it as proof of identification for any other reason.

You only need to apply for a Voter Authority Certificate if:

  • you do not have an accepted photo ID
  • you no longer look like the photo on your ID
  • the name on your photo ID is different to your name on the electoral register

You can apply for a Voter Authority Certificate through GOV.UK.

Published: 6 February 2024

Last updated: 4 May 2024