City Save terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for the City Save membership scheme
For members and users of the service
Westminster City Council (‘the Council’) manages and administers a scheme (‘the Scheme’) whereby residents within the City of Westminster who are aged over 16 years old may apply for a Westminster City Save Card (‘the Card’) and businesses (‘the Business’) may participate in the Scheme by making offers on their goods and services to those residents (‘the Card Holders’).
The Council publishes this Scheme through is Westminster City Save web pages, in a monthly enewsletter, in The Reporter, Westminster Plus and Children first magazines available from libraries and leisure centres.
Eligible residents are currently issued with a Westminster City Save card but the Council is considering extending the methods by which Card Holders may benefit from the Scheme including a mobile phone app and printed vouchers. References to vouchers within these Terms and Conditions should not be construed as meaning the vouchers will be available to Card Holders.
There is no charge for the Card but the following Terms and Condition apply.
Your personal details will not be sold. Your details will not be shared with third parties unconnected to the Westminster City Save service.
Each Card will be given a unique reference number. This number will be used, where appropriate, by participating venues to monitor the uptake and use of the Westminster City Save service. No identifiable personal data will be used or shared as part of the monitoring of the service.
Terms and conditions
- Card Holders must be aged 16 years or over.
- Card Holders must have their principal residence within the City of Westminster and must reside there.
- The Card will become immediately invalid if the Card Holder ceases to reside within the City of Westminster. In the event that a Card Holder moves out of the City of Westminster they must notify the Council immediately and return the Card.
- One Card will be issued per resident. The Card remains the property of the Council and is not transferable.
- The Card is the responsibility of the Card Holder. Lost, stolen or damaged cards will be replaced free on the first occasion but a payment of £10.00 will be charged for any subsequent replacement. Lost or stolen cards should be reported immediately to the council on 020 7641 6000 (Mon-Fri, 8am-6pm). The Card is not valid if altered, damaged or defaced in any way.
- Card Holders must notify the Council immediately of any changes to their personal details by contacting the Council on telephone number 020 7641 6000. Proof of new details maybe required by the Council.
- The Card may not be used as an identity or proof of age card.
- The Council reserves the right to decline to issue a Card or to withdraw a Card where, for example, proof of age or residency within the City of Westminster has been requested and cannot be provided or where the council has reasonable cause to believe that the Card will not be utilised properly and in accordance with the scheme.
- The Council may withdraw or amend the scheme generally and/or withdraw the Cards, without notice and shall bear no liability to the Card Holder in doing so.
- The Card or voucher can only be used in accordance with the specific offer terms made by the participating businesses and must be presented before a purchase is made. If the Card or voucher is not presented before a purchase is made the participating business may refuse to honour the offer.
- The Card entitles the Card Holder to offers listed online. Production of the Card or a voucher entitles the individual it was issued to, to the specific offer it relates to. These offers are subject to availability and may be altered or withdrawn without notice. Offers may not apply where some other offer, concession or discount is already in operation and may only apply when using certain methods of payment.
- The Council shall have no liability in the event that the Card or voucher is not honoured by a participating business or where an offer listed is altered or unavailable.
- The Council merely manages and administers the scheme. By doing so it does not endorse or accept any liability for any goods or services offered by Businesses participating in the scheme, or for the cancellation of offers or events or for any other circumstances in which the Card Holder and/or any other person accompanying them is unable to take advantage of any offer listed as part of the scheme or for any omissions or inaccuracies in published information or for the acts or omissions of any participating Business or for improper or illegal use of the card or any attempt to use the Card as evidence of age or identity and the Council will not be liable for any loss, damage, expense, injury or death sustained by any person, howsoever caused, except insofar as the law prevents the exclusion of such liability.
- By applying for membership to the Westminster City Save scheme you are agreeing to the creation of an online account. Login details will be sent to you in due course via the email address you provide on the application form. A Card will be sent to you within 15 days.
- Card Holders may opt out of the service at any time by writing to Westminster City Save, Westminster City Hall, Communications, 17th floor, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP or emailing [email protected] . As part of the opt out process the Card Holder should return the Card within working 10 days.
- This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- The Card Holder accepts that the terms and conditions set out herein constitute the whole agreement between the Card Holder and the Council and supersede all previous agreements between the Card Holder and the Council or the Card Holder and any third party relating to its subject matter.
- The Card Holder acknowledges that, in accepting these terms and conditions, it has not relied on, and shall have no right or remedy in respect of, any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made negligently or innocently) other than as expressly set out herein.
Published: 28 May 2021
Last updated: 27 May 2022