Information on protest and demonstrations

Metropolitan Police

The police are the lead agency for planning discussions regarding protests and demonstrations.

Find out more or apply for permission through the Metropolitan Police website.

Do not submit an event or filming application if you are planning a protest or demonstration.


To use amplified sound or loudhailers in or near Parliament Square, please refer to the Licensing page on Loudspeaker consent.

Last updated: 19 February 2020