Apply for a trade parking permit
You can apply for a trade parking permit online, either in advance or on the day it is required.
Published: 20 January 2021
Last updated: 25 January 2021
New Trade Permit charges apply from Monday 18 January 2021.
Find out if you are eligible and how much it costs, and apply online:
Your permit will be emailed to you.
If you wish you can print the permit and display it in the windscreen of your vehicle, although this is not necessary.
What you'll need to apply
- the address and parking zone where the work or service is being carried out
- description of the work or service
- vehicle registration number (permits are non-transferable between vehicles)
- dates the permit is required (once an application has been submitted, that date can't be changed)
- your contact details
- payment method (debit or credit card for online or phone applications, cheque for postal applications)
Penalty Charge Notice
A Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) may be issued if it is not apparent to the Marshal that the vehicle/permit is being used by a tradesperson carrying out works or services to premises.
The same will apply if the permit is being used in any location other than a resident, shared-use or paid-for parking bay in the zone for which the permit applies.
To find out why Parking Services needs to collect and store personal data, how this is used and your rights to access your information, please refer to our privacy notice.