Parking permit refunds
Find out if you could be entitled to a resident permit refund.
Published: 20 January 2021
Last updated: 28 January 2021
You may be entitled to a resident permit refund if:
- you no longer require your annual permit because you’ve moved out of Westminster or sold your vehicle (a £10 admin fee applies)
- you have switched vehicle types and qualify for a cheaper or free resident permit (a £10 admin fee applies)
The refund application will cancel the permit, so if a refund request is submitted the permit can no longer be used.
Once you have completed the online refund request, to complete the refund process you must return your paper permit to:
Westminster City Council Permits Administration,
Earl Thorfinn House,
6 Druimchat View,
Dingwall Business Park,
Dingwall, IV15 9XL.
You will only receive a refund once we are in receipt of your returned permit. This must be returned within 14 days of the refund request.
The following conditions apply:
- the refund is returned to the card used to make payment (if this card has since expired, a cheque will be sent to you by post)
- refunds are issued for unused time only which is calculated from the date you apply for the refund online.
- the refund application will cancel the permit, so the permit will cease to be valid and should no longer be used when parking on-street. Reliance on a cancelled resident permit may result in the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice.
- where the admin fee applies, we’ll deduct this from your refund
- refunds will only be considered on full, authorised permits. If your permit is in a temporary state and you are requesting a refund, we would require all proofs to be uploaded and verified before cancellation is requested.
- all permits must be returned to Westminster City Council within 14 days of the refund request to be eligible for a refund.
To find out why Parking Services needs to collect and store personal data, how this is used and your rights to access your information, please refer to our privacy notice.