Starting secondary school from September 2022
Find out the how the application process works for your child's application to secondary school from September 2022.
Published: 11 January 2021
Last updated: 2 September 2021
Primary to secondary transfer
If your child will be in Year 6 of primary school from September 2021, you will be starting the process of applying for a secondary school to start from September 2022.
The closing date for applications is 31 October 2021.
In order for you to be fully informed of the applications process, and how to find out more about the schools you may be interested in applying to, a handy hints and tips leaflet is available. A detailed online brochure will be available from early September.
This leaflet answers the most frequently asked questions and includes:
- all the visiting dates and open evenings for Westminster secondary schools
- dates for ability banding and aptitude tests which some schools run
This brochure includes:
- the process of applying for schools and what happens after
- oversubscription criteria for all Westminster secondary schools
- how places were offered in the previous year
- useful information to assist in the transition from primary to secondary school
Further information to assist your research
Resources are also available with specific guidance for residents in the north and south of the borough.
If your need a paper application form, or require some further guidance on the process, please call 020 7745 6433 (weekdays, 9am to 2pm).
Email: [email protected]