Westminster Business Unit
A range of bespoke support and services for those seeking self-employment or starting or growing a business.
Published: 17 March 2021
Last updated: 27 July 2021
The Westminster Business Unit was set up by the council’s Business & Enterprise Service in 2016 to act as the interface between the business community and the council.
The Business Unit ensures that the voice of business is heard across the council, and acts as a single point of contact, making it easier for businesses to navigate their way through council services and receive the information and guidance they need.
The Business Unit provides bespoke support and services for those considering self-employment, or starting or growing a business.
These include, but are not limited to:
- responding to enquiries effectively and promptly
- providing a one-stop shop for businesses who need to access other council services
- providing online resources to help you look for funding
- delivery of business support initiatives, projects and programmes
- directing enquiries to relevant public bodies and business support providers
- linking businesses to the support and advice available in Westminster
- providing local economy and market intelligence
- responding to local investment enquiries from initial advice to ongoing support
- introducing businesses to the bidding process for council and public sector contracts
- aligning business Corporate Social Responsibility activity with local priorities
- administration of government grant schemes
- ensuring concerns and requests are fed back to the council
Our priority is to ensure that the needs of our business community are addressed and met in an efficient manner, particularly in the midst of COVID-19. If you are a business who is struggling at this time, please email us to arrange to speak with an officer regarding your case.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 020 7641 2070
Sign up to the Business Unit newsletter.